Heritage Venues is an award-winning event management and catering company looking for enthusiastic and hard working Kitchen Porters to provide essential support to the Chefs. The roles are based at Lillibrooke Manor & Barns in Cox Green near Maidenhead and Stanlake Park Wine Estate in Twyford. Both venues are highly successful exclusive hire weddings and events venues.
Reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor, the role is key to the efficiency of the kitchen. Also to the protection of the company, its staff and guests by meeting the highest standards of food handling and hygiene, kitchen environment and equipment hygiene, and general health & safety to minimise all risks. At the time of writing this will also include Covid Secure methods of working to company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Take delivery of orders, check against paperwork to ensure complete delivery has been made. Record temperatures and use-by dates. Report any shortages to the Kitchen Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure clear stock rotation is used, keeping raw and ready to eat foods apart by storing in the correct places (your initial training will cover this).
- Ensure this is achieved by:
– using COSHH standards set out by JMS and used by HVL
– Adhering to Chefs’ requests and instructions
- Ensure cleaning is completed on schedule and records maintained
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards, including correct uniform, PPE, and personal hygiene standards at all times
- Enforce strict food safety and health & safety standards, in line with the company’s policies and legal requirements, including COSHH, kitchen Risk Assessments sign-off, general food handling/ preparation/storage, temperature checks & recording, cleaning procedures & recording (list is not exhaustive)
- Ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation, contribute to finding solutions if problems occur, ensure that all staff are treated fairly and with courtesy
- Any other duties as required
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn and take pride in your work
- Competencies: Client First; Persuasive & Effective Communication; Resilience; Goal Focus; Team Working; Developing Self; Planning & Organising
- Level 2 Food Handling would be useful but full training will be given
Physical Demands of the Role:
The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, use hands to finger to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or handle loads of up to 25Kg. Specific vision abilities required of the role are for close and distance vision.
45 hours a week
Workplace pension scheme