Weddings are happy events, and Heritage Venues is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Chef de Partie to join the team. The role is based at Lillibrooke Manor & Barns in Cox Green near Maidenhead and Stanlake Park Wine Estate in Twyford. Both venues are highly successful exclusive hire weddings and events venues.
You’ll be part of a team producing high end banqueting for weddings and large corporate events, and bespoke menus for parties, proms, summer BBQs etc for up to 170 people. Requirements can vary from early morning breakfasts and Day Delegate lunches, to lavish wedding breakfasts followed by relaxed evening suppers. You will have a passion for food, demonstrate a flair for presentation and produce consistent delivery.
Reporting directly to the Head Chef, you will be an important member of the team and will have the opportunity to contribute to menu development and presentation, and to continually advance your career with us in line with ambitious growth plans for the business.
Heritage Venues is an award-winning company with a culture that reflects highest levels of customer service and professionalism, at the same time offering a stimulating, friendly and fun working environment.
The requirement for a Chef de Partie has arisen due to the increasing number of events being catered for by Heritage Venues.
All roles are necessarily fluid and may not strictly fit traditional roles of larger establishments. All job descriptions are therefore sufficiently detailed to provide clarity on duties and responsibilities, but with the overriding requirement that flexibility and team work are essential for smooth operation and delivery. For all roles, this includes ‘low level’ activities required from time to time to ensure health and hygiene standards are continually met, and delivery unimpeded. Observation, forward planning, proactivity, good communication and team work are essential requirements of all roles.
45 hours a week
Workplace pension scheme
20 days’ paid holiday per annum, plus 8 Bank Holiday days with time in lieu where worked
A 3 month probationary period will be undertaken. Experience and qualifications are acknowledged, but it is important that company-specific standards, methods and procedures are trained in and consistently met. During this time, suitability for the role will therefore be formally reviewed.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Excellent cooking skills in accordance with the Head Chef’s recipes and specifications. No variation must be made, in particular to wedding menu items – there are clear client expectations for ingredients, taste and presentation following tasting events.
- To work cooperatively to assist Chefs in the preparation, cooking and delivery of menus.
- Assist Kitchen Porter in ensuring cleaning is completed on schedule and records maintained
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc)
- Follow the guidance of the Head, Sous or Senior Sous Chefs and have input to new menus and new ways of presentation at the appropriate time
- Put effort into optimising the cooking process with attention to speed, safety and quality
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards, including correct uniform, PPE, and personal hygiene standards at all times. At the time of writing this will also include Covid Secure methods of working to company policies and procedures.
- Enforce strict food safety and health & safety standards, in line with the company’s policies and legal requirements, including COSHH, kitchen Risk Assessments sign-off, general food handling/ preparation/storage, temperature checks & recording, cleaning procedures & recording (list is not exhaustive)
- Ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions
- Ensure that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time
- Ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity
- Ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or pass correctly garnished, the correct portion and size, presented on the correct serving dish in the prescribed manner
- Ensure that your section / work area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that the Kitchen Porter receives the right training and optimum guidance
- Ensure that any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly to the Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef, and that all staff are treated fairly and with courtesy
- Deputise in the Chefs’ absence and take charge of the kitchen for brief periods when directed to do so
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation, contribute to finding solutions if problems occur
- A minimum of 4 years’ proven experience at CdP level
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn, and to share your knowledge with others
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Basic computer skills for email, file retrieval, printing. Knowledge of Word (menus) and Xcel (schedules, rotas etc) preferred, but not essential.
- Competencies: Client First; Persuasive & Effective Communication; Resilience; Goal Focus; Team Working; Developing Self; Planning & Organising; Developing Self
- Level 3 Food Safety Certificate
Physical Demands of the Role:
While carrying out the duties of Chef de Partie, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, use hands to finger to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or handle loads of up to 24Kg. Specific vision abilities required of the role are for close and distance vision.